|The paper submission and reviewing process is supported by Confious|
|Confious is a state-of-the-art conference management system that combines modern design, sophisticated algorithms and powerful engine to help program committee chairs to effortlessly accomplish complicated tasks and deliver the best experience to both reviewers and authors.|
2004, Hiroshima, Japan
Call for Workshop Proposals
The ISWC2004 Program Committee invites proposals for the Workshop Program of ISWC2004, the Third International
Semantic Web Conference, to be held November 7-11, 2004, in Hiroshima, Japan.
Workshops will be held on Sunday, November 7, 2004 and
Monday, November 8, 2004.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide an informal setting for workshop
participants to discuss technical issues, to exchange research ideas, and to
develop a community in the quickly emerging field of the Semantic
proposals should address current issues related to the Semantic Web that will
benefit from small-group information exchange and discussion. Workshops are
intended to be genuine interactive events and not mini-conferences. We expect
to have a wide range of workshops, including those that
- focus on fundamental research issues,
- bring together researchers from different disciplines,
- support the interaction of research and industry for the
deployment of Semantic Web applications.
Workshops can vary in length from a half day to a
full day. We strongly advise having more than one
different perspectives to the workshop topic. Workshop attendees must pay the
ISWC2004 workshop registration fee, as well as the conference
Please submit an informal letter expressing your intent
to propose a workshop and containing the workshop title, topics,
and a list of organizers by March 7th,
This letter is optional but we kindly request the workshop
organizers to submit
it. Workshop proposals are due on March
|March 7, 2004
||Intent to propose a workshop due
|March 18, 2004
||Workshop proposals due
|March 31, 2004
||Notification of proposal acceptance
|April 30, 2004
||URL for the workshop web page due
|October 7, 2004
||Electronic version of working notes for the workshop due
|November 7-8, 2004
|November 7-11, 2004
||ISWC2004 Technical Program.
Requirements for Workshop Proposal Submission
Workshop proposals should be
no more than 3 pages
in length, preferably 1-2 pages. They should contain the following information:
Each workshop organizing committee will
be responsible for the following:
- The title and brief technical description of the workshop,
goals and the technical issues that it will focus on.
- A brief discussion of why the topic is of particular interest at this
- A brief description of why and to whom the workshop is
- A brief description of the proposed workshop format, discussing the mix
of events such as paper presentations, invited talks, panels, and general
- An indication of whether the workshop should be considered for a half-day
or full-day meeting.
- A list of related workshops or similar events held in the last 3
years, or to be held in 2004.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the
proposed organizing committee and short description of their relevant
experience. This committee should consist of two or three
about the technical issues to be addressed, preferably not
the same institution.
The ISWC2004 Organizing Committee
will be responsible for the following:
- Producing a "Call for Papers/Participation" for their workshop. The call
must make it clear that the workshop is open to all members of
the ISWC community.
It should also mention that at least one author of each accepted submission
must attend the workshop and that all workshop participants must
pay the ISWC2004
workshop registration fee, as well as the conference registration
it should also clearly describe the process by which the
will select the participants.
- Arranging additional publicity for the workshop, such as distributing the
Call to relevant newsgroups, mailing lists, and especially to
from outside the Semantic Web community
- Producing a web page for the workshop and submitting the URL for the web
page to the workshop chair no later than April 30, 2004
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference
web page and program.
- Selecting the participants and the format of the workshop.
- Producing an electronic version of any working notes for the workshop.
- Providing publicity for the workshop series as a whole on the
web page. The ISWC2004 page will provide a link to a workshop's local page.
- Providing logistics support and a meeting place for the workshop.
- Printing working notes for the workshop.
- In conjunction with the organizers, determining the workshop time.
Submitting a Proposal
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/u/www/iswc2004/CF/cfw.php on line 171
Warning: mysql_select_db(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/u/www/iswc2004/CF/cfw.php on line 172
Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /usr/u/www/iswc2004/CF/cfw.php on line 172
Warning: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /usr/u/www/iswc2004/CF/cfw.php on line 173
Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /usr/u/www/iswc2004/CF/cfw.php on line 173
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/u/www/iswc2004/CF/cfw.php on line 175
To indicate your intent to propose a
please send an email message with no attachments to .
Workshop proposals may be submitted in
one of the two formats: ASCII text or PDF. Please send your proposals and any
inquiries by email to:
The ISWC2004 Workshop Chair is Natasha
Noy (Stanford University).
For your reference, you can browse the workshop
program at the previous International Semantic Web conference, ISWC 2003.
| Back to